Protected Disclosures Act 2014 as amended by the Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act 2022 Amendment 2022:
What is a Prescribed Person?
Should a ‘worker’ wish to file a complaint to an external body or person other than, or in addition to, his or her employer, the PDA allows them to do so vis-à-vis a so-called Prescribed Persons.
In the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 (Disclosures to Prescribed Persons) Order 2020, the then Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform identified 80 such Prescribed Persons across Irish society who are either regulators or supervisory bodies and who are now designated to receive Protected Disclosures related to their sector. Among them are the following:
- Protected Disclosures Commissioner
- Central Bank of Ireland
- Data Protection Commission
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Child and Family Agency
- Charities Regulatory Authority
- Commission for Railway Regulation
- Garda Siochana Ombudsman Commission
- CEO’s of the country’s local authorities
If you are an employer and have any questions, please contact your CollierBroderick HR Advisor, call us on 01 8666426, contact us, or email us on enquiries@collierbroderick.