The Labour continued to deliver its services in the context of ongoing public emergency.
40% of the hearings were held in the virtual courtroom.
27% of the scheduled hearings were postponed due to COVID-19.
Some of the key highlights include:
- 578 appeals/ referrals received in 2021.
- 1,266 hearings scheduled with 339 postponements granted due to Covid-19.
- 501 hearings held in the virtual courtroom.
- 979 cases completed, comprising those that were decided, settled or withdrawn.
- 308 employment rights appeals received including:
- 81 under Unfair Dismissals Acts
- 59 under Payment of Wages Act
- 28 under Terms of Employment (Information) Act
- 25 under Redundancy Payments Act
- Report noted that, according to the CSO, there were two industrial disputes in progress in 2021, involving 543 workers (down from eight in 2020 involving 21,704 workers).